Tuesday, February 22, 2011

{79} Umbrellas

I got critiqued on this photo today in class. I turned this in for our second assignment, "Composition". There are a gazillion compositional/design elements we could have used, but here I used repetition of form (patterns), color, lines, use of edges of the frame (things are popping out of the sides), and depth of field to bring focus on the middle ground. My teacher said that when we are taking pictures of objects like this, it is best to have an odd number of things (I have 5 umbrellas here) rather than even.

I took this picture in Chinatown yesterday. I saw these umbrellas in front of a store and just started taking a bunch of pictures. I tried rearranging the umbrellas, but the original arrangement looked the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment